About Reciprocal Borrowing
The UFV Library has arrangements with post-secondary libraries in B.C. and across Canada that allows students and employees to borrow library materials while visiting another library, free of charge. Some libraries may offer additional services, such as access to computers, wi-fi, and online resources.
When borrowing from another library through this arrangement:
- you must show valid identification from UFV;
- the lending library sets the policies and loan periods;
- you must return the materials to the lending library (not to UFV); and
- you are responsible for paying any fines or charges to the lending library.
Information for Students and Employees at Other Institutions
- In order to obtain a UFV card, please present your COPPUL card or institution ID and photo ID. You may be asked to log in to your institutional portal to demonstrate that you are a current student or employee.
- You will be able to borrow up to 10 (combination of books and journals) items at a time. You cannot borrow course reserves, videos, or items in specialized collections.
- For details on loan periods, renewals, overdue fines, and other privileges, see Services for Community Users.