Ordering Library Materials
We welcome suggestions and requests from faculty. Each instructional department is allocated funds from the library's budget for the purchase of library materials with one-time costs, including books and DVDs. The allocation is not used for subscriptions to journals or databases.
- Provide as much bibliographic information as possible, and include the ISBN if available.
- Identify the number of copies and campus location for each title.
- The maximum number of copies of any one title is two copies per campus location.
- Orders must conform to the university's Library Collection Policy.
- Send orders to your liaison librarian.
Deadlines for Ordering
These deadlines ensure that items ordered on departmental allocations are are received and paid for by the fiscal year end.
- August 3150% encumbered
- November 30100% encumbered
The library does not reimburse faculty for items purchased from personal funds for the library.
Our ordering process includes a number of verification steps to avoid unnecessary duplication, and our accounting system is not set up to handle these types of reimbursements.